YouTube is the second largest search engine on earth, only second to its parent company Google. Video is a powerful medium that many businesses miss the importance of. If your company has information it can share with the general public, from how-tos to pure entertainment, this tool is driving real results every day for companies who want to be on the cutting edge of marketing.
- Over 800 million unique users visit YouTube each month.
- Over 4 billion hours of video are watched each month on YouTube.
- 72 hours of video are uploaded to YouTube every minute.
- 70% of YouTube traffic comes from outside the U.S.
- YouTube is localized in 43 countries and across 60 languages.
- In 2011, YouTube had more than 1 trillion views or around 140 views for every person on Earth.
- Millions of subscriptions happen each day. Subscriptions allow you to connect with someone you’re interested in — whether it’s a friend or the NBA — and keep up on their activity on the site.
- Traffic from mobile devices tripled in 2011.
- More than 20% of global YouTube views come from mobile devices.
- 3 hours of video is uploaded per minute to YouTube from mobile devices.
- YouTube is available on 350 million devices.
- 500 years of YouTube video are watched every day on Facebook, and over 700 YouTube videos are shared on Twitter each minute.
- 100 million people take a social action on YouTube (likes, shares, comments, etc) every week.
- More than 50% of videos on YouTube have been rated or include comments from the community
- Millions of videos are favorited every day.
- Clicks on the ‘like’ or ‘dislike’ button on YouTube have doubled since the start of 2011. For every ‘dislike,’ we get 10 ‘likes’- people like to tell other people about the stuff they love.
We see real results that have made us better business, our online marketing has never been more effective and it is driving bottom line dollars and thats a win!